Recommend me a good book.
I’m in middle school and we have to read 2 books every month. Books I liked and have read/finished the series are The Hunger Games Trilogy, Artemis Fowl, Fablehaven, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Percy Jackson, The Heroes of Olympus, and Flush. Don’t recommend Harry Potter and Twilight because I don’t like it.…
The selection by Kiera Cass(second book isn’t out yet but I loved first.)The Sisters Grimms Series by Micheal Buckley(7-9 books in series can’tremeber how many. Awesome twist on common fairy tales.)Dork Diares. Don’t know author. First book called Tales from a not so fabulous life.Similar to Diary of a Wimpy Kid but this is from a girls poignant of veiw.11 Birthdays, Finally, and Thirteen gifts. Don’t HAVE to be read in thisorder but I think you understand a little more. Realistic fiction.Twice upon a time series also by Wendy MassWitch and Wizard is the first book in a series by James Patterson.Alex Rider SeriesEspoinage by A. L. Sowards. More books on that to come!The Lorien Legacies Series. First book is I am number Four.The Limit. Not a series but is a GREAT book. Definite page turner.The Serpent Tide, Widow’s Revenge, Diamondback cave. SO HILARIOUS!!!A hint of romance, some serious thoughts, action adventure, I could just go onand on about these three. You don’t have to read them in this order but it makesmore sense if you do. I love to read and these are probably my favoritebooks on this list, although there are some serious competetors.Good luck! Hope you like one of these books! Happy reading
Please recommend a good fantasy book/series.
I haven’t read very many fantasy novels at all. The last one I tried was Harry Potter and I didn’t like it. Please recommend something that is not too “out there”. And no vampires or werewolves please. Thanks.
I’m a HUGE fantasy nerd, so I’ll give you some good ones.The Farseer TrilogyRangers Apprentice SeriesInhertitance sagaFire and Ice sagaRiftwar SagaBartimaues TrilogyIncarceronUnder the Cat’s eyeHis Dark Materials TrilogySteven Erikson’s Malazan Books are super good aswellPercy Jackon and the OlympiansFablehaven series is really good, but I don’t know, it depends on how old you are.The Name of the WindPendragon SeriesThe Chronicles of PrydainThe 13th Reality is sci-fishThe Warrior Heir/Wizard Heir/Dragon heir SUUUPER good.Artemis Fowl SeriesGracelingThe Underland ChroniclesTriskellion is kind of sci-fish but also good.No more come to mind. If I think of more, I’ll be sure to tell you
lehmanam.com Kindle prime
whats a good book series.
Im looking for a good book series with magic,romance, and adventure.Please nothing with vampires and werewolves, i do like them just looking for something new.To give you an idea of the kind of books i like here a few iv read twilight, harry potter, tigers curse,fablehaven,house of night, and fallen.Im kinda stuck…
The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is a sort of romance-dark comedy, hercules the legendary adventures kind of story.Although like Wheel of Time, the ultimate plot arcs get longer and more ambiguous past book 5. The earlier ones in the series read more like stand alone novels. The creature compendium doesn’t include any vampires or werewolves. It’s more like a dark fantasy where the creatures have been created by ancient magic, according to specific criteria and goals.While there are many novels by John Ringo and David Weber that fits the conception of feudal or chivalrous times, they aren’t fantasy plus romance. There are also Japanese light novels that combine adventure, fantasy, and romance such as Utawarerumono (actually it’s a PC adventure game or visual novel strategy rpg) but it’s hard to get those in English.(Unfortunately, there’s no romance in Wheel of Time. It’s mostly a triangular relationship thing or male harem line. Without the level of detail to make that kind of thing interesting)
Can you give me some book recommendations.
I like fantasy books like Eragon where there are dragons and magic but I also like science fiction books like The Hunger Games that take place in post-apocalyptic environments. It’d also be nice if the book had good character development (unlike many books I’ve read) and sequels or upcoming sequels. A war…
Okay, I don’t know how old you are so i don’t know how you feel about sexual content in your books. So I will list the age group and why next to the book along with why I like it.Valdamar series by Mercedes Lackey starts with the black gryphon, the white gryphon, the silver gryphon. There are like eight trilogys in the series and about six individual novels. What I love about this series is that all the characters are fantastic, all the books go together even the individual novels like Take a Theif goes into The winds of change trilogy. It has some mild descriptions of sex so I would rate this Jr. high readers and older. Must read.Dragon Joulsters by Mercedes Lackey This has dragons in it and unlike Eragon they are just meat eating beasts. But it is more realistic that way too. it is set in Ainchent egypt settings and is the epic tale of a surf boy Vetch who is taken from his abusive owner by a dragon joulster to become his dragon boy. A dragon boy is like a kennel boy only for dragons. Vetch loves his new master Kashet who is the most decorated joulster in the Tian army but still wants to be free. So he devises a plan to excape back to his homeland Alta. For grades 4 – 8. Love it read it.Dresden files by Jim ButcherOkay this is the one I was hesitent to recomend. Harry Dresden is my all time favorite book character and i have read hundreads of fantasy and sci fi books. He is hilarious with his oneliners and situations he gets himself in. There are about thirteen books out now with more to come. For gradees Senior high and older. Violance language and explicit descriptions of sexYou know Christopher Paulini is the author of the Inheritance series…well I found on youtube a clip of him recomending his favorite fantasy books. They are all for young readers in elementry school but some like Fable Haven is a good read. Although I don’t like how in every book he recomended his female characters just sit in a corner and cry when fighting breaks out. FableHaven really burns me on that. All the girl did was finding someone else to fight for her never doing the fighting herself. But I’d still recomend it. Here is the linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxYyX0sF…
Please recommend be books that are worth reading.
I just started enjoying reading books last year, so I haven’t read a lot yet. (I think what I read was not that many)I enjoy reading fiction. I love reading series.What I loved the most is the Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. I really love that series. I also enjoyed Lord of the Rings, but not as much as…
Dragon Rider by Cornelia FunkeGraceling Series by Kristin CashoreInkheart Series – Cornelia FunkeThe Graveyard Book – Neil GaimanThe Shadow Of The Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Publishing Question: Have any of you ever HEARD of any of these books.
1. Leven Thumps series2. Fablehaven3. The Candy Shop War4. The 13th Reality5. Slathbog’s Gold6. Far World seriesI ask because all these books are published by Shadow Mountain and I live in Utah. Shadow Mountain is one of the major publishers in Utah, and they hardly get any manuscripts sent in….
I’ve heard of Fablehaven. Incidentally, different people on Y!A recommended it to me, lol. Also, Fablehaven is a bestseller, so many people have read the book (which gives a lot of legitimacy to the press). It’s obviously not a large press, but it’s not a fledgling press either, and some of their books are doing pretty well.Here’s a thread on it, though no one with experience dealing with the press has posted in it, and if offers very little information.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/show…I’m curious, though. How do you know how many manuscripts they are receiving? They are a real publisher with bestsellers on their list, and believe me, aspiring writers will find them. Good luck with your book.Adding: Okay, that works, haha. Good luck. I’d submit to them if i couldn’t get a literary agent. There are many good small presses that accept manuscripts.
What are good books to read.
I am an avid reader and i was looking for some new books to read. I love fantasy and fiction, but any good book would be great. Also, if there are any classics that you think I should read, those would be great.
1. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (Fantasy with a lot of mythology from around the world, and yes that is how it’s spelled)2. Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke (Fantasy)3. Enclave by Ann Aguirre (Dystopian Future)4. Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (Fantasy, prequel to Peter Pan)5. Magyk by Angie Sage (Fantasy)6. Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George (Fantasy)7. Ingo by Helen Dunmore (Fantasy, about a girl who has mermaid blood)8. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (Fantasy, one of my all time favorites)9. Reckless by Cornelia Funke (Fantasy)10. Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones (Fantasy)11. Legend by Marie Lu (Dystopian Future)12. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (just a book everyone should read)13. The Beyonders by Brandon Mull (Fantasy)14. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (Fantasy with Shakespeare and whatnot)15. Inkeheart by Cornelia Funke (Fantasy, Best. Book. Ever.)16. Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler (Paranormal Romance, I’m not one for paranormalbooks, or even romance, but I just couldn’t set this one down!)17. Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Manchev (Fantasy with Shakespeare, it has a good love triangle)18. Glint by Ann Coburn (Fantasy/Mystery, this books isn’t really well known but my friend suggested it to me and it was great. There are two stories that parallel each other, one fantasy and one real life. I thought it was amazing)19. Gone by Michael Grant (Dystopian Future)20. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Historical Fiction, I cried so hard at the end :’0 )21. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (Fantasy, come one! It’s a classic!)22. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle (Sci-Fi/Fantasy)23. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Dystopian Future, great book)24. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (Fantasy, only read if you’re an advanced reader. I have readit and it’s really difficult to read)25. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson26. The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau27.Shadow Children Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix (Dystopian Future)28. The Princess Bride by William Goldman (Fantasy, if you don’t read the book at least watch themovie :D)29. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke (Kind of Fantasy/Historical Fiction)30. Divergent by Veronica Roth (Dystopian Future)31. Matched by Ally Condie (Romance/Dystopian Future)32. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine (Fantasy)33. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (Fantasy)34. The Maze Runner by James Dashner35. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (Sequel series to Percy Jackson)36. Ranger’s Apprentice Series by John Flanagan (Historical Fiction/Fantasy)37. Witch and Wizard by James Patterson (Dystopian Future/Fantasy)38. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (Um, Fantasy I think)39.The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine40. Many Waters by Madeleine L’Engle (Biblical Fiction, it’s about Noah’s Ark)41. Redwall series by Brain Jacques (Fantasy, pretty good if you can live with talking animals)42. Earthsea quartet by Ursula Le Guin (Fantasy, same deal as Lord of the Rings, read it if you are a good reader)43. Harry Potter series (Fantasy)44. Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale (Mix of Fantasy and Sci-Fi)45. Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey (Fantasy/Sci-Fi)46. Memoirs of a Geisha Story by Arthur Golden (Historical Fiction)47. Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (Fantasy, older read has some things that may be considered disturbing.)48. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Dystopian Future)49. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (Fantasy)50. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (….Na, just kidding 😀 )So I think I’ll stop there. There are a lot more on this website though:http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/43.Best_Young_Adult_Books?page=1Hope I helped!
Are There Any Good Books To Read. (Read description before answering).
Okay, so I really don’t care how old the book is. I really want to read something that is good and will keep me going throughout 7th grade.There are some books that I have read before that will be more useful for you to answer:The Warriors: Hunter, ErinIncarceron and Sapphique: Fisher,…
The Sight by David Clement DaviesThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins13 To Life by Shannon DelanyShiver by Maggie StiefvaterGraceling by Kristin Cashore13 Reasons Why by Jay AsherFallen by Lauren KateSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonShatter Me by Tahereh MafiWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrMatched by Allie CondieThe Maze Runner by James DasherThe Dark Divine by Bree Despain
What books or book series would you recomend for a “FABLEHAVEN “series ( by brandon mull) fanatic.
I have read all of the fablehaven books and am looking for a book to read before the fourth book comes out. I like the fablehaven plot. Are there any simailar books?
i havent seen or read it, but by the movie, Spiderwick looks similar. you could read Narnia, awsome books and lots of fantasy creatures.i read the first fablehaven books but what are the sequels called and how many are there?
- How Many Pages In Harry Potter Books
- Harry Potter V – Harry Potter et lOrdre du Phénix – grand format Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix large format French Edition ebook by J. K. Rowling
- The Age Of Science Cornelia & Michael Bessie Series ebook by Peter Bradford
- How Much Are Harry Potter Books
- Embers of Resistance- A Young Adult Dystopian Fantasy The Awakened Book 2 ebook by LJ Andrews